Orange County Community Foundation

Facts:

  • Costa Mesa, CA
  • 25,000 Students
  • Orange Coast College annual ranks in the top three of California’s 112 community colleges in the number of students transferring to the University of California and the California State University systems.
  • AcademicWorks customer since 2011

Orange Coast College implemented AcademicWorks in September 2011. Prior to AcademicWorks we had used a different scholarship system. Although this previous system helped us increase the number of applications; it was not as efficient or user friendly. The program also required significant technical support from our campus IT staff in order to function properly.

After meeting with several companies we decided to transition to AcademicWorks due to their excellent customer service, reputation, and knowledgeable staff. AcademicWorks process was easy and smooth. They provided an Implementation Project Plan and Timeline that clearly defined what needed to be done. AcademicWorks collaborated with campus IT staff to create an automated import of students’ information from Banner® by Ellucian, which is used in the scholarship selection process. They completed 80% of the setup. The remaining 20% was easily completed by OCC’s administrative staff.

The AcademicWorks system has been user friendly for students, administrative staff, review committee members and even donors.

The AcademicWorks system is user friendly for students, administrative staff, review committee members and even donors. The number of scholarship applications increased from approximately 400 to 700 in the first year. The review committee members favor the easily accessible application materials, reference forms, and transcripts through one intuitive online interface.

AcademicWorks provides awesome customer service and the system is extremely easy to use and manageable from the administrative side. Report creation is user friendly and conveniently exports to Excel. AcademicWorks has saved us in terms of processing time and significantly reduced the number of overtime hours as compared to the previous system. Their product has met our initial expectations and we are looking forward to new enhancements, which are under development. We highly recommend AcademicWorks to any institution.